Lessiter’s & The Secret Truffletier Background
Lessiter’s has been manufacturing chocolates since 1911. We make high end chocolates for luxury chocolate brands as well as supplying various business trade accounts. We reach direct consumers through our own retail brand, The Secret Truffletier, via our shop and café onsite and online. Recently we have launched 3 new chocolate experiences to grow our B2C offering.
We are an independent family-run business with approximately 30-40 employees.
Contract: Permanent part-time
Hours: 3 - 4 days per week (24 - 32 hours), core hours are 9am – 5pm but there can be some flexibility.
Location: In Woolmer Green on site. Opportunity, in the future to work 1 day from home.
Reporting to the Directors, responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Monthly preparation of simple, small business management accounts.
- Managing purchase ledger and processing invoices as well as supplier payment runs.
- Cash Flow Management. Bank reconciliations and liaising with General Manager on debtor recovery.
- Monthly payroll run.
- Weekly Retail takings reconciliation.
- HMRC requirements – eg. quarterly VAT returns, PAYE payments.
- Some internal analysis and forecasting to assist the Directors manage the business.
- Full training on software will be provided. To be trained and work alongside our current Financial Accountant who has been with us 28 years.
- Principal contact for tax, pension, audit issues, insurance, rates matters, and statutory returns.
- Opportunity into the future to feed into the leadership team and input ideas into running of the business to contribute to further profitability and growth.
- Work closely with Directors and Senior Leadership Team of up to 5 other people.
- Ad hoc FX purchases, calculation of sales commissions and pensions payments.
- Accounting qualification : CIMA, ACA OR ACCA or similar qualification. Would consider part-qualified and would consider financial support of the qualification.
- Would suit someone who has solid experience from a large in-house Accounts department but would like to work for a smaller company.
- Positive, can-do attitude. Self-starter, takes ownership of all things financially related and perseveres when further investigation is required.
- In dealing with financial and personal data, professionalism as well as discretion is highly important.
- Active role in continuing to develop the reporting systems of the business and using IT to make process improvements.
- Analytical thinking skills, attention to detail. Strong written presentation skills when analysing financials.
- Experience of UK statutory reporting a bonus.
- Salary - depending on experience from £20 to £34 per hour.
- Generous matching pension - we match your contributions up to 5%
- 28 days holiday per year, pro-rata for part time
- 50% discounts available on retail goods
- Chocolate tasting!
To apply please request a job application form firstname.lastname@example.org.