** DAY TIME REGULAR HOURS **
Hours of work: 8am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week)
Day to Day Responsibilities
· Responsible for whole management of the warehouse and outside grounds, including:
o Stock management (tidying, consolidating, date rotating)
o Supplying chocolate factory and packing room with warehouse goods as required
o Monthly and annual stocktake of chocolates, raw materials and packaging.
· Despatch/ Goods In:
o Efficiently despatching customer orders on time and receiving goods in
o Actively scheduling when orders are despatched (by haulier/courier/our own van), booking on the relevant IT systems and planning loads for our own van
o Booking in deliveries
o Maintaining a scheduling board of all goods in/ out
o Preparing and picking orders (boxing, palletising, wrapping, strapping, labelling)
o Prepare despatch notes for every order and ensuring all orders leaving are double checked.
o Check all incoming goods against paperwork.
o Investigating & reporting any mistakes or discrepancies
· Use of lifting equipment – forklift trucks and pallet trucks
· Part of the role involves driving our own van ad hoc.
· Ad hoc basic grounds maintenance.
· Contribute to ensuring Food Hygiene and Health & Safety Standards are upheld in this area.
· Investigating problems and solving to a high standard.
· Making improvements to the general running of the warehouse.
Skills & traits required
· Experience in warehousing essential
· Accurate at counting, good with numbers and a keen eye for detail
· Forklift training essential (can be expired as refresher can be provided)
· Basic IT skills a bonus
· Clean driving license desirable
· Must be a strong communicator and good spoken and written English
· Organised, self motivated problem solver with a can-do attitude. Happy to work on your own and manage your own time effectively.
· Role requires individual to be physically fit as it is a physically demanding job involving moving all day and lifting/ stacking pallets.
· Food background would be beneficial but not essential
· 20 days holiday per year plus 8 bank holidays
· 50% staff discount off all retail items
· Workplace pension– more generous than the minimum government rules as we match your contributions up to 5%.
To apply, please email email@example.com an application form or collect from our shop.
61 London Road, Woolmer Green, Hertfordshire SG3 6JE.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,920.00-£37,440.00 per year
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Woolmer Green, SG3 6JE: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Warehouse: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person