Ginger & White Chocolate Biscuits
Makes 30 (or split the dough into to make half and freeze the rest for another time)
200g soft butter
200g brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
350g plain flour
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
75g white chocolate
- Line a baking tray with parchment - you will need two trays.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan).
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or wooden spoon, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix again.
- Add the dry ingredients - the flour, ginger, bicarb and salt.
- Mix with a mixer until it becomes light breadcrumbs and starts to come together.
- Bring together with your hands into a ball of dough.
- Roll out half and use a cutter, placing biscuits on baking tray.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes until golden, then remove from oven to cool on a baking rack.
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of hot water.
- Place in a piping bag and pipe over the biscuits or dip half of them in. Place back onto the rack for the chocolate to set.